Weebly Website Builder ReviewDec 15
Before going into details about characteristics of this sitebuilder, I would like to say that Weebly is probably one of the most simple and convenient sitebuilders I’ve ever seen. I went to Weebly.com just to click here and there, get the first impression, and assess usability. But in a few minutes I realized that I have already published my own site on this platform. I don’t use this site actively, but sometimes I get there to enjoy its neat design.
1. The first advantage that I liked most about this sitebuilder is that it doesn’t impose those huge ugly banners when you use free version. Instead of clogging banners they only put one sentence in your website’s footer – ‘create a free website with Weebly’.
2. The cost. Weebly offers both free and paid plans. Free packages are comparatively feature-rich and give access to the most important webdesign tools.
3. Simplicity. Simplicity must be Weebly’s motto. Everything is simple here: starting from What-You-See-Is-What-You-Get editor, and finishing with widgets.
4. Versatility. Weebly can be a good platform for different types of websites. It can be equally used for building galleries, forums, online stores, and even gaming portals.
Although Weebly may look like a perfect website builder at first glance, it has a long list of disadvantages, too. Some of these include:
1. No backup. This means you won’t be able to retrieve lost information. By the way, most modern sitebuilders offer this option at no charge.
2. Poor user support. You can’t reach Weebly’s technical support by phone. Emails only.
3. There is no user management and registration option for your users (they can’t create profiles within your website).
4. It can’t be used for complex needs, especially e-commerce. Even if you opt for the most expensive package, you will feel significant limitations (inability to use multiple product displays, inability to use other payment methods other than PayPal, etc.).
Weebly is undoubtedly a great platform for those who doesn’t expect extreme functionality from their websites. It is mainly targeted on non-techies, who wish to get their own piece of web. Weebly is perfect for creating simple websites, galleries and blogs. However, if you put your website’s functionality first, you need to opt for a more powerful platform. By the way, don’t miss your chance to learn more about this sitebuilder – become a witness of the fight Wix vs Weebly.